What Data do I hold about my Patients?
Information provided for the purpose of the functional medicine consultation and to enable me to provide effective healthcare to you I maintain a secure medical record. I will hold the following information:
- Your contact details and details of your healthcare practitioners which you have provided to me
- The contents of any important health-related correspondence from you
- Test Results sent via email
- Assessments and correspondence with you and your other healthcare providers.
Why do I hold and process your data?
I hold your medical record in order to offer you functional medicine services. I will endeavour to keep records as accurately as possible and up-to-date. Your medical record is held on the computer and locked storage.
The computerized records allow me to keep a chronological record of your health and perform other tasks such as ensuring I offer appointments for health reviews at the appropriate time.
When do I share your information?
The practice complies with data protection and access to medical records legislation. I may share your sensitive information with third parties to support your ongoing healthcare and identifiable information about you will be shared with others in the following circumstances:
- To request other healthcare and related practitioners to provide further treatment for you, only with your written agreement
- To inform your General Practitioner or other Health Specialist of treatment I have provided to you or of test results while in my care, only with your written agreement
- When I have a duty to others e.g. in safeguarding cases
Can I see the information you hold about me?
In accordance with generally established policies in Europe, patients may request to see their medical records. Requests should be made in written form to my email address provided to you for safe communication.
In compliance with GDPR, patients have the right to:
- Access all of their information plus any other content that forms part of the patient record, including notes and expect to be able to read them and understand what they mean without expert medical knowledge.
- Know if their personal information has been forwarded to a third-party (like a fellow healthcare professional, consultant, insurer or school).
- Have any invalid information I might hold about them corrected.
- Apply to have their personal data deleted.
- Ask me to refrain from further use (or processing) of their information.
- Receive their information in an open electronic format.
- Be notified if critical information about them is inappropriately accessed.
Applications for Data Deletion
For legal purposes, I maintain a record of my contact with patients for 7 years from our last professional contact (or until the age of 21 years and 3 months in the case of any child in my care).
For past patients, who no longer wish to remain on my contacts list and who do not wish their data to be accessed, their data will be stored (for the time specified above), in a secured form away from my patient database. During this time contact details will be removed from my systems and the records will not be accessed for any purpose other than defending a legal claim, should this need arise.
Contact and Communication
Patients contacting me via the the provided professional email do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details at their own risk.
Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use.
Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure process is available for the email submission of data, but I advise patients that they are responsible for ensuring they transmit their personal details to me in a secure manner.
I will not use your details for the purposes of product marketing but will request your permission to use contact details to keep in touch with you about your appointments and share updates to your medical records.
Analytics may be processed to track how visitors arrive at this website, none of this data will be able to be used to identify an individual.
Data Protection Officer: Katalin Eva Borbely
Your booked appointment will be confirmed upon receipt of payment. If you need to cancel, please do so at least 72 hours before your appointment and we will send you a full refund. Sorry, no refund will be paid in case of no show or late cancellation.
Please note that our consultations and health packages do not include the price of medical tests which you might be recommended to take. In addition, we charge an administrative fee of €35 for each test that we order on your behalf, and for each test performed by a third party that you submit to us for inclusion in your assessment.
Dr Borbely is an acknowledged practitioner at Regenerus laboratory. Your tests will be ordered from this lab, unless you prefer other accredited tests. For test pricing, please visit the lab’s website: regeneruslabs.com.
All content found on the drkatalinevaborbely.com website, including: text, images, audio, or other formats were created for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions that arise regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something that has been read on this website.
If there is a medical emergency, call a doctor, go to the emergency department, or call immediately the appropriate emergency number in your current location.
Dr Katalin Eva Borbely does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on drkatalinevaborbely.com. Reliance on any information provided on drkatalinevaborbely.com and by Dr Katalin Eva Borbely is solely at the User/Customer’s own risk.
Dr Borbely has no financial interest in any of the available supplement manufacturer’s product. Her recommendations are based solely on scientific evidence available at the time.